I'm working hard to complete pieces of work for the exibitions I intend to take part in (see previous blogs). Here's my latest watercolour that I've called Three Roses. I tried some new techniques - no masking fluid again. The outline was drawn in pencil then a wash of cobalt blue and aureolin was used, leaving the roses white, but blending into the perimeters of these with colour. A spritzer was used to shift and move the colours around a bit and my old favoutie salt was used in places. Once this was dry I started to paint in the dark areas using french ultramarine, phtlalo turquoise (one of my favourites), sap green and touches of alazarin crimson to create a dark bluey green tone. At times I mixed the paint in the pallet and sometimes on the paper. The leaves and the rose petals were painted in far more paintstakingly and carefully, using wet into wet techniques mainly, using a pre-selected small mixture of colours. I enjoyed creating this painting but it did take a while, partly due to having a busy few weeks doing other things and not having the spare time to give to painting. Got to pull my finger out now, exhibitions are looming large and my lovely Roy and I are having a week visiting our property in Portugal very soon (see links), oh and I will also be exhibiting some of my work at The Lemon Tree Bistro in Framlingham from this weekend, all being well! Better stop stalling and go get painting!
Leave a Reply.
Susan C. Adcock